Road conditions are updated by the California Department of Transportation as they change. Click the links below or call CalTrans at 800.427.7623 for the latest information on your route to Kirkwood. Remember to always check conditions before leaving home.
Safe Driving Tips from the CHP
The Amador Area of the California Highway Patrol would like to remind our motoring public to remain vigilant of the speed limits posted along scenic State Route 88 in Amador County as you travel to Kirkwood Mountain Resort. Always be aware of inclement weather like rain, ice, and snow and check road and weather conditions before leaving home.
- Always wear your seatbelt!
- Always carry chains while driving in snow country. It's the law.
- Leave your destination in plenty of time and add 30 minutes for unforeseen delays.
- Drive at a safe speed for the conditions: 25 mph in any "R" condition regardless of the posted limit.
- Allow enough distance for the vehicle in front of you - at least 3 seconds from the car in front.
Keep Kirkwood Green - Carpool through Zimiride and score FREE GAS!
Looking for a ride or offering a ride? Connect with others in your area on our Zimiride page. Carpooling is a great way to save gas money, meet new people and ensure that we keep having winters like this one.
This winter, we're excited to announce we’ve partnered with Zimride to make sharing rides for drivers and passengers even easier. It takes just seconds to set up a profile, search for open seats, or post a ride of your own.